Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, June 28 Update


This is a picture I took of two of Paul's sisters: Nancy and Marsha. I meant to get a picture with Janet (Pauls 3rd sister), but I forgot. Paul's sisters have been a WONDERFUL help to making Paul comfortable. This included buying a beautiful set of comfortable sheets for him, and supplying a wedge pillow so he could breath easier while on his back in bed. We love them and thank them for their support.

Weekend activities:

This weekend Jared and Shakey (two of Paul's sons) drove down from Utah. So once again, all his children are here. We had a tender FHE again today, after letting Paul take an afternoon nap. We sang Paul some of his favorite hymns. Jared came up with a great way to help Paul be able to drink water since Paul no longer has the energy to sip from the straw. We all spent hours just being in the room and being with Paul. We also watched a 20 minute DVD that Hospice gave us about the stage we (the grieving family) are in now. The video was from the 80's, but still had a few good pieces of advice. Tongiht we had a family prayer in the room, and Barbara asked Josh to offer the prayer. The spririt of the Lord filled the room and touched our hearts. The combined love in that room was powerful and strong. It makes me cry even as I type this.

Paul heath update:

Sadly folks, this is the bad news. Paul is getting worse. Today was, by far, his worst day we have seen yet. He has no energy to even speak or do much of anything. His breathing is getting louder and tougher...and there is more time between breaths. We beleive he understands SOME of what we say, but it's very difficult to make the distinction. Sometimes we can still get a smile out of him though, and that warms our hearts to no end. At this point, we would be surprised if he lasted more than 2-3 days, but as I said before, you never know. The hospice nurse told us that we (his family) are doing a great job at doing everything we can to make him comfortable.

That's the update.

A BIG thanks for all the blog comments and emails we receive for Paul. Every day I read Paul these messages and it really is one of the few exerepinces that can still get a smile on Paul's face.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your continued update. Please give Nancy and Marsha my love, too. Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh, if this is you reading the posts.
    Its Eddie Kreipl. We just returned home and I spoke with Shanen and she filled me in.
    I am heartbroken!! I can hardly believe what I am reading.
    Paul and all of you were such a big part of our family's life for so many years.
    I think of you all so often and had wished we would have least sent Christmas cards to keep in touch.
    Our prayers are with you all. Send our love to everyone, especially your Mom and Dad.
    Eddie-Out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha & Nancy. I haven't seen you in many years and it is good to see you being there at this point in his battle. Thinking about how positive and happy Paul has been all his life. He was always the dreamer who looked on the bright side. Always positive with new ideas. He made life more fun.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bingham Family,

    I am sorry to hear the news about Paul's health. I know you will find comfort in the love you have for each other and in the gospel. I remember many fun times with Paul and the Binghams in Huntington Beach. What fun, good, kind people you are.

    With love,
    Kristen Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bingham Family,
    I worked with Paul for around 7 years. I found out today about his passing and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed working with Paul. I really missed working with him when he moved to Nevada. I learned a great deal from Paul and I will always have very fond memories of his friendship. I am very sorry for your loss.
    Sincerely, Brian Kesler.

    ReplyDelete